Zebra Cake HalloweenCourse: CakesDifficulty: Easy
Prepared with chocolate dough and pumpkin dough, this zebra cake is as pretty as it is tasty. Chocolate and pumpkin go together wonderfully and all gourmets will ask for more!
300 g pumpkin flesh
150 g flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
75 g butter
100 g dark chocolate
150g caster sugar
- Dice the pumpkin flesh and cook it in a pot of boiling water for 20 minutes. Drain and mash.
- Whisk the sugar and eggs. Add the pumpkin puree, flour, baking powder and melted butter. Mix well. Divide the dough in half.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie. Incorporate them into one of the two salad bowls. Mix well.
- In a lightly buttered mold, alternate 1 tbsp. chocolate mixture and 1 tbsp. of the pumpkin mixture. Continue in this way until all the pasta is used up.
- Bake the Zebra Cake for 50 min (oven preheated to 160 ° C). Check the doneness with a knife blade: it should come out clean and dry.
- Unmold the cake and let it cool on a wire rack before eating it.
- As a replacement for the pumpkin, it is possible to use other squash such as butternut. And for a spicy note, add 1 tsp. vanilla powder or 1 tsp. of cinnamon powder with pumpkin paste.