Real homemade plum ice creamCourse: Frozen
It doesn’t require an ice cream machine, it doesn’t require a lot of time, and it tastes fantastic if you’re a plum lover.
450 g of ripe blue plums
250 g of sugar
2 egg whites
300 ml sweet sour cream
100 g biscuits (Oreo, tea, petit ()
100 ml of water + 2 tablespoons of water
- Line a slightly deeper baking tray (approx. 30 × 20 cm) with baking paper. Peel a plum and mix it with 2 tablespoons of water and 100 g of sugar in a bowl. Put on low heat and cook for about 10 minutes until the plums are soft.
- Allow to cool slightly, then mix them in a blender or stick mixer. Strain the plums through a strainer to remove the skin. Allow cooling.
- Mix the remaining 150 g of sugar with 100 ml of water and put on low heat. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the sugar has dissolved.
- Mix the egg whites until foamy and, stirring non-stop, slowly add the sugar and water syrup. In another bowl, mix the whipped cream and then lightly mix in the plums, egg whites and cook the biscuits.
- Transfer to a prepared baking sheet and place to cool. Remove at least 5 minutes before serving. If you want a slightly less sweet version, you can use 150 ml of whipped cream and 150 ml of Greek yoghurt instead of 300 ml of sour cream.