Pomegranate TartCourse: Pies
Want to add some pep to your recipes? Choose the pomegranate and make this super easy pomegranate tart recipe.
4 – pomegranates
2 – puff pastry
2 glass (s) of water
2 glass (s) of sugar
1 vanilla pod
1 – egg yolk
- Cut the pomegranates in half and collect their seeds.
- Place them in a saucepan with the split and scraped vanilla pod, sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat then lower the heat to low heat and cook for 15 minutes.
- Mix the preparation more or less using a hand blender, depending on the desired texture.
- Remove the vanilla pod and let cool off the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Roll out a first puff pastry on a work surface.
- Cut the dough into 4 discs of the same diameter (a little larger than that of your tart molds).
- Place the dough discs in the tart molds.
- Spread the pomegranate compote on the dough discs.
- Unroll the second puff pastry on the work surface.
- Cut it into thin strips about 5 mm thick.
- Place the strips on the tartlets, crossing them.
- Brush the tarts with the beaten egg yolk, using a brush.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the tarts are golden brown.
- Let cool then unmold.