Halloween Witch CakeCourse: CakesDifficulty: Intermediate
- For the Savoie biscuit:
400 g of caster sugar
300 g of fluid flour
100 g of potato starch
2 tbsp. cornflour
2 sachets of vanilla sugar
30 g of butter for the mold
1 pinch of salt
- For decoration:
250 g of milk chocolate
pieces of candied orange
candies of different varieties (licorice, bananas, etc.)
green almond paste
- Preheat the oven to 180 °
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Whip the egg whites with a pinch of salt.
- Whisk the yolks with the sugar until the mixture turns white. Add the starch, flour, cornstarch then vanilla sugar and mix as homogeneously as possible. Gently fold in the egg whites.
- Let the dough sit for 10 minutes.
- Butter a 35 x 25 cm rectangular mold.
- Pour the preparation and bake for 45 minutes. Take out of the oven, let the cake cool before unmolding and place it on a baking sheet.
- Draw the perimeter of the “witch” cake on baking paper and place it on the cake to cut out the circumference to give it the shape of a witch.
- Melt the chocolate and coat the entire surface of the cake, including the rim. Immediately sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Spread the marzipan and place around on the site of the face.
- Place thin slices of candied oranges around the face for the hair, position candies at the location of the hands and on the neck.
- To decorate the cake with cute spiders, prick a ball of marzipan with strips of licorice candy and draw the eyes with chocolate or candy.