Chocolate bread is the perfect choice for a Sunday brunch
Enjoy a juicy biscuit with pieces of chocolate and a big cup of fragrant coffee …
110 g of softened butter
100 g of sugar
50 g brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
120 g sour cream
60 ml of milk
160 g flour
50 g cacao
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoons of salt
100 g chopped chocolate
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees. Coat an oblong bread pan with butter or line with baking paper.
- Mix the butter with the sugar and vanilla extract into a smooth mixture. Add eggs, cream and milk and mix briefly.
- In another bowl, mix all the dry ingredients – flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Combine both mixtures and stir with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Finally, add the chocolate pieces and mix them carefully.
- Pour the mixture into a mold and bake for 55 to 60 minutes, until the toothpick with which you pierced the middle comes out clean.
- Wait for it to cool slightly before removing the bread from the mold and for it to cool completely before cutting.