Carrot and orange cakeCourse: CakesDifficulty: Easy
Carrots are used more in pies and sweets than in cakes, but this time we offer you a carrot cake with caramelized orange that you will not forget.
350 g steamed carrots
330 g sugar (+ 2 tablespoons)
2 dl olive oil (+ 1 c. Soup)
6 eggs S
300 g wheat flour (+ 1 soup spoon) with yeast
1 c. powder cinnamon dessert
1 c. nutmeg coffee
1 c. fine salt coffee
1 c. butter soup
200 g orange
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Steam the carrots and set aside.
- Beat the sugar with the oil for 10 minutes, add the eggs and beat until a homogeneous preparation is obtained.
- Add the flour, previously mixed with cinnamon, nutmeg and salt, wrap with a wooden spoon and add the carrots, previously undone with a fork.
- Pour the preparation into a cake pan greased with butter and sprinkled with flour and bake for 1 hour.
- Cut the orange into slices about 0.5 cm thick.
- Put a non-stick frying pan with the remaining oil on the stove, add the orange slices, sprinkle with a tablespoon of sugar and keep on the heat until caramelized.
- When ready, unmold the cake, let it cool and decorate it with the orange slices and the remaining spoon of powdered sugar in the food processor.