Cantuccini-PandoletiCourse: Bon Flavor
Crispy Italian biscuits with almonds you won’t be able to resist!
When you take one, the others will not be able to stop nibbling.
1 tablespoon honey
160 g of sugar
1 vanilla sugar
1 teaspoon Amaretta or 1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring
1 teaspoon grated orange or lemon zest
250 g of smooth flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
a pinch of salt
130 g almonds
- Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla sugar with a whisk, then add honey, Amaretto liqueur or almond flavor and grated orange or lemon peel (you can also put a combination).
- Add flour, baking powder and salt and knead the dough with your hands. Add whole almonds and mix everything a little more.
- Divide the dough into two equal parts and form two smaller loaves (approx. 5×30 cm).
- Transfer the loaves to a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper and bake for 25-30 minutes at a temperature of 160-170 ° C.
- When the loaves get a nice golden color, take them out of the oven and leave them aside for at least 10 minutes to cool down a bit. Then take a sharp knife and cut both loaves into slices of the desired thickness (0.5 to 1.5 cm).
- Return the slices to the baking sheet and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- You can serve Cantuccine right away or chill it, store it in tin boxes with lids and enjoy sweet, crunchy snacks for weeks!