Banana Oat Cake with Walnuts
If you bought too many bananas and they are ripening too quickly, don’t throw them away.
There are many delicious and healthy recipes you can make to enjoy them.
2 ripe bananas
2 cups oatmeal
2 tablespoons of coconut flour
4 tablespoons of coconut oil
3 tablespoons of rice jelly or honey
2/3 cup of unsweetened vegetable drink
1/2 teaspoon of yeast
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 cup of chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a cake tin with parchment paper.
- Crush the bananas with a fork until they are almost pureed.
- Place in a bowl and add eggs, vegetable drink and honey or jelly. Add coconut oil and mix well.
- Separately, mix the flours with yeast and cinnamon.
- Add to the banana mixture and mix well with a spatula.
- Add half the amount of walnuts (the rest is to be placed on top) and mix lightly.
- Place in the tin and distribute the remaining chopped walnuts on top.
- Bake for about 45 to 50 minutes, until cooked through (use the toothpick test) and allow to cool completely before serving.